August 9, 2010

Chicks Dig Scars

Since we are still getting to know each other and I am going to be sharing the most entertaining moments of our life, I thought I should formally introduce my crew.

My husband, who I affectionately call Law Dog, plays the leading role of Daddy by day and drug dealer by night (well, for the time being).  Nice combination right? I call him Law Dog because we have to watch Tombstone every time it is on TV, and he rewinds the part where Kurt Russell bitch slaps Billy Bob Thornton about 10 times before we can move on.  He thinks to do something like that, you have to ooze confidence, and confidence is something that Law Dog definitely does not lack.  If you haven't seen it, you should check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J6dRkJjOI

In his downtime he can be found chilling out on our '08 Sea Ray Fission.  He grew up on the water in his hometown of Miami, FL, but he manages to stay satisfied on these little patches of water we call lakes around here.  Someday we will get him out of the land locked state of CO.

We have two boys; I think we learn more from them than they learn from us.  I get reminded daily what rookie parents we are.  In fact, we made our first trip to the ER on Friday night...more on that in a bit.

Our oldest just turned 3, in keeping with the police theme, I will call him Crockett.  He is adorable and brilliant; I am his mother so I am a little partial.  He enjoys anything related to the movies Cars or Toy Story, riding his new glider bike, and learning where all of the states are on the US map.

Our youngest is 18 mos.  Since he is Crockett's partner in crime, it is only fitting to call him Tubbs.  Tubbs is a baby giant; he has been off the growth charts since he was born.  I predict he is going to be bigger than Crockett by the time they are 4 and 5.  Tubbs loves following Crockett around and attempting to do everything he does. 

In fact, Friday night Tubbs and Crockett decided to chase each other around the living room.  Tubbs was taking a lap around the coffee table when he  tripped.  On the way down, his forehead met the base of the couch where it comes to a corner.  I heard some crying, looked down and saw a child bleeding profusely from the head.  I froze, my mind went blank (rookie), and thankfully Law Dog (who isn't normally home on Friday nights) scooped him up and took control of the situation.  He washed the wound, applied pressure to it, loaded Tubbs in to his car seat and instructed me to run over to the neighbor's house and drop off Crockett.....and I just sat there in shock...useless.  Law Dog drove the car to the hospital like he was in a high speed chase.  I repeatedly had to remind him that we were in a Subaru Outback, not a patrol car and that we didn't need anymore accidents tonight.  We made it to the ER and everything worked out alright Tubbs got to eat his first popsicle, watched Phineas and Ferb, and took three stitches in the forehead.  He will be rocking a Cars band-aid on his forehead for a while....I think it makes him even cuter; again, I'm partial.

Kids are pretty resilient.  I am sure this is the first of many stitches for Tubbs and Crockett,....chicks dig scars, right?

3 comments:

  1. Poor Tubbs! I'm sure he was up & running around in no time ;) Lovin' all the nicknames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Law Dawg is keeping a close eye on what is being said on this blog just so you all know. So I was wondering....what is Mrs Law Dawg's nickname? Anyway, just wanted to drop in and see what was going on. Both Crockett and Tubbs are doing well. Tubbs will be getting his 3 stitches removed on Weds, hopefully he wont have anymore for awhile. Although, there was a close call this morning when he ran (b/c we dont know how to walk) to grab "Buzz Lighyear" which I had just finished putting away and tripped landing flat on his face. The result, a bloody lip and slightly bruised nose/chin. Oh yeah and guess who got blammed for the incident....Law Dawg..yeah that's right, Me! Why? Because I didn't pick him up and take him upstairs to change his diaper quick enough. LMAO I bet you are laughing aren't you. Anyway, Tubbs will live to see another day, although I am still in shock I was blammed. Just another day in the life of Law Dawg.

    The only question is...What will tonight have in store for me? It's a harsh reality but....will I make it home to see my wife and boys again? You bet your ass! Anyone who tries to come in the way of that happening better be prepared die!
    Nothing will come between my family and I...nothing.

    Law Dawg out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to meet you all--and I'm sure every small child has had their head split open from running into a corner. At least, I did when I was a baby and I came out ok :)

    ReplyDelete