August 19, 2010

One Sweet Birthday Present

via www.amazon.com

I love finding new police gear for Tubbs and Crockett.   It’s so hard to find, I purchase pretty much everything I come across.  Clothes, toys, you name it I will buy it…unless of course, it is completely lame.  So I will share things when I come across them.  Lucky you today is one of those days. 

Crockett just turned three.  So Law Dog and I decided it was time to purchase a bike.  Like any parent I start doing some research.  My research usually consists of consulting with my BFF because she has a five year old so she has just been through it.  I mention that I want to get Crockett a bike for his birthday.  I am thinking the kid loves anything Cars, so it is a no brainer to get the Lightening McQueen bike with training wheels.  Then BAM, my BFF hits me with, training wheels are evil.  Once your kid starts with them, it is really hard to get them off.  OK so what are you supposed to do? She introduces me to the Glider or Balance bike…..a bike with no pedals.  Wait, a bike with no pedals?  I had never heard of this before. So I start doing some research.

I’ll be honest, I was sold as soon as I saw this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga72-ASP1uM

Now, I want Crockett to exude the awesomeness that this kid has.  I immediately order the glider bike.  I am hyped about it, I tell everyone I know about it….a bike with no pedals, it’s amazing.

The glider bike arrives during Crockett’s birthday party and I am thinking that this couldn’t be more perfect.  Law Dog and Opa go in to the garage put it together and bring it back in just in time for presents.  Crockett gets a Lightening McQueen helmet and a bell from Oma and Opa and he gets a vanity plate from my BFF.  I can’t wait to see the look on Crockett face when he actually gets the bike.  Law Dog puts the bike in front of Crockett.  Crockett seems excited, but everyone at the party starts saying…..where are the pedals, there are no pedals on that bike (it was like a Seinfeld moment).  We take Crockett outside, strap on the new helmet, put the bell and the vanity plate on the bike….I mean the kid is ready to go.  We sit him on the bike and he throws a fit, “There’s no pedals on this bike, I want pedals!!!”  He won’t have anything to do with it.  A week passes, he still won't have any thing to do with it.

The upside to the story I have a five year old neighbor who started riding it around last Saturday, within two hours she had picked it up.  By Sunday, the training wheels were off her bike.  I just lent the bike to my BFF so her daughter could use it.  I expect her training wheels to be off within the next week.  So it is a great buy, I highly recommend it.  Just don’t make a big deal about the pedals. 

Now for the police gear, I later found a Police Balance Bike, super cute…enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment